Mio unveiled the latest entries in its Cyclo 100 series of bicycle satellite navigation devices at the Eurobike trade show in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
The event ran from August, 29 through September 1 and attracted approximately 43,700 visitors from the cycling industry, representing 97 countries. In addition, 20,500 cycling fans and nearly 1,900 members of the media from 42 countries attended the show.
The star of the Mio booth was the new Cyclo 100 series of easy-to-use navigation devices for cyclists of all types, from the casual weekend rider to the hard-core touring cyclist. Booth visitors were not only treated to a comprehensive display of the Cyclo 100’s capabilities and features, they could participate in promotions like the Mio rickshaw demo and raffles for prizes.
Mio representatives, including company president Steve Chang, were on hand to introduce the company’s products and meet with journalists to answer their questions. One-on-one interviews were conducted with seven German-language media outlets and a dozen other European press representatives.
Eurobike is the bicycle industry’s leading international trade show. It has been held annually during the first week in September since 1991.
Mio Russia partnered with Lexus this summer to demonstrate the company’s MiVue 205/238 Digital Drive Recorders (DVRs). More than 800 guests attended the Moscow-area event where they could test drive any of 150 Lexus autos equipped with MiVue 205/238 DVRs.
Seven routes were available for drivers to put the test vehicles through their paces. Afterward, participants received a video recording of their drives saved on a Mio MicroSD card.
Mio representatives were on hand to share product information and answer questions.
Attendees represented the high-end the auto accessory customer base. Approximately 20% said they already owned a DVR device, while the remaining 80% said they were planning to purchase one in the future.
Many participants said they would like future DVR products to include backup storage on either a second MicroSD card or a compact USB storage device. Local laws require drivers involved in accidents to turn over video recording to the police. Consequently, the storage medium can sometimes accidentally be damaged, lost or erased.
Mio Russia hosted similar smaller events with Lexus in four other cities across Russia and is participating in MiVue promotions at several Lexus dealerships in the country.
Cycling is a perfect way to build a stronger, healthier heart. That’s why Mio UK, maker of great cycling navigation devices like the Mio Cyclo, is teaming with the British Heart Foundation to launch Heart Week.
As part of the Heart Week celebration, Mio is donating £30,000 to BHF while promoting fun activities via Facebook and Twitter. By joining, Mio UK fans can win exciting prizes, like Mio Cyclo 305 bicycle navigation devices, a Lamborghini vs. Rally driving day, a Hampton Court cycling tour or a five-star London theatre break.
Heart Week will also feature daily “Tips to Get Your Heart Racing” from Olympic strength and conditioning coach Louis Howe on the Mio UK Facebook page.
Head to the Mio UK Facebook page for all the details: http://www.facebook.com/miotechnologyuk?ref=hl
Enter soon. Response so far has been overwhelming with hundreds of new Facebook fans and Twitter followers logging in daily.